Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Centropyge aurantia

I just ordered a golden pygmy for my reef aquaruim from Live Aquaria and was wondering if anyone had any experiance with these gourgous fish. I found little on their care much to my dismay. Though I have been pouring over general Pygmy Angel care. So any help would be appreciated!! What they eat, behavior to expect ect..

Old 11-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/z.../Caurantia.htm
That's about all I could find, you might also try www.wetwebmedia.com

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks that about all I about all I could find as well. I am in the process of acclimating my new arrivals (a tiny tank raised springeri psuedochromis, a marbel starfish, and the golden pygmy angel) they are all alive and well. And the angel is prutty as a picture prettier actually cant wait till she settles in and I can start taking photos of this lil angel. I will have to write up a profile for her species as I learn scince there is so little out there about them. I dont think there is profile for dwarf angels yet. I book marked that page its awesome!!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:56 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
moving to fish only forum..
Old 12-02-2003, 03:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Good idea Hara! I would'nt want anyone else to risk their corals and think that I meant that they are reef safe as they are not. That said Golden pygmy's are known to not bother corals as much as other angels or so I have read in the wild they eat mainly sponges, which I happen to have a lot of that came in on my live rock. I guess I am gonna find out in the next few days as she is already eating cyclopeze and seems to be acclimating well so far. The next few weeks will tell. I will keep ya all posted as to wether she does well or not or if she decides to take a bite outta my corals.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com