Centropyge aurantia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownin around

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just ordered a golden pygmy for my reef aquaruim from Live Aquaria and was wondering if anyone had any experiance with these gourgous fish. I found little on their care much to my dismay. Though I have been pouring over general Pygmy Angel care. So any help would be appreciated!! What they eat, behavior to expect ect..

Thanks that about all I about all I could find as well. I am in the process of acclimating my new arrivals (a tiny tank raised springeri psuedochromis, a marbel starfish, and the golden pygmy angel) they are all alive and well. And the angel is prutty as a picture prettier actually cant wait till she settles in and I can start taking photos of this lil angel. I will have to write up a profile for her species as I learn scince there is so little out there about them. I dont think there is profile for dwarf angels yet. I book marked that page its awesome!!

Good idea Hara! I would'nt want anyone else to risk their corals and think that I meant that they are reef safe as they are not. That said Golden pygmy's are known to not bother corals as much as other angels or so I have read in the wild they eat mainly sponges, which I happen to have a lot of that came in on my live rock. I guess I am gonna find out in the next few days as she is already eating cyclopeze and seems to be acclimating well so far. The next few weeks will tell. I will keep ya all posted as to wether she does well or not or if she decides to take a bite outta my corals.

Back
Top Bottom