Cerianthius (burrowing anemone)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishtales

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone had any experience with the " burrowing anemone " ? If so enlightin me please .

Are they reef safe ?
What are does their diet consist of
Lighting ?
Flow Rate ?
I did alot of search about them with little results!

My searches turned up nothing more than a couple of pics. It looks an awful lot like an aiptasia though.
Logan J

I've seen them

I've seen them at a fish store I frequent, in the owner's personal tank. It was 250 gal tank and had no corals in it. They also have a reef tank they keep up there, and so it would seem that they possibly aren't reef safe. Next time I go there I'll ask them.

They didn't really interest me much, because you really couldn't see them very well. All in all I wouldn't personally recommend them, but to each their own.

Are they reef safe ?
Well, being as they come from around Reefs, I would say so, however, I haven't seen any data as to how aggressive they are. Being in the family of the Tube Anemone, they are quite aggressive.
What are does their diet consist of?
Plankton, and any small fish it can grab.
Lighting ?
I would say 10K to 20K being as they are usually on or around the bottom of the reef.
Flow Rate ?
moderate flow should be sufficient
I did alot of search about them with little results!
I think the closest you will get to the best info is if you do a search for the tube anemone. This is a direct cousin.

Back
Top Bottom