Chaeto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
img_818569_0_7edbb98b41daa57e7089ce2bd46add99.jpg

How do i maintain this stuff, its going totally wild on me. I bought a small amount of it for about two dollars, and it has at least grown alot.

Here:
img_818569_1_8034aec417ff8cb054558afcc8e25660.jpg

you can see i just started out with a few little clumps.

And now:
img_818569_2_bafb271a1ec1374177f9d694d9b29653.jpg

img_818569_3_af36088dcbeb78a82f8956d9960cd3f2.jpg

I have enough to form a 5" carpet of it all along, behind my live rock. I have at least 20x more than when i started.

Is this stuff desireable to people? Like, will people pay for it or would it even be worth my while to save it, you know?

I was thinking of trading a huge amount of it for some frags, and i just wanted to know a bit about it.

People definitley use Cheato, though I've never seen it aquascaped in a tank before. Most people use it in refugiums for nutrient export. The fact that yours is growing so quickly is probably attributed to high lighting and nutrients available to it. Maybe too many nutrients?

My LFS sells it for about $8 a bundle, sure you could sell some somewhere.

I agree that you could sell it or give it away to someone. As Lindsay said most people use it in their refugiums. Even if you have to throw some away it might be a good idea to thin it out.

i dont really have a fuge (just a HOB filter kindof turned into one) but i bought it because it was recommended to me to eat up nitrates. I dont really have it aquascaped anymore, its more just all shoved to the back where you can barely see it.

i was gunna say you should get live rock instead of bioballs and then you could have the cheato too, and make sure it has a light (of course)

Im just not familiar with that a wet dry is?

I've had mine about 2 months now and unfortunately it hasn't grown at all. Wish you were in NJ. I would take some of it off you hands.

Back
Top Bottom