Chaeto and mangroves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gibbin94

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am buying things to stock my refugium and i was thinking chaeto and mangroves, is this a good idea?

Should be fine, just make sure you keep the chaeto pruned and have vertical room for the mangroves to grow.

I use grape calerpa which is a better nutriet exporter but it does come with a risk. You need 24 hour a day lighting plus you need to keep it pruned back. If not it will go sexual on you and cause you water to get quite milky looking and cause issues with your livestock.

Is it a risk or punishment for being too lazy to keep up with maintenance? I had some of that stuff for a while, grew like crazy. Oddly, about the time it started disappearing, my shrimp seemed to get very large around the waistline.

I dont think it will. Never heard of it doing so but it wont export excessive nutrients as good either.

is there any way besides a 24 hour photo period to prevent grape calerpa from going sexual?

I`ve heard that running your lights opposite your display tank lights will work even though I have never seen that.

ok it hink i'm gonna go with Chaeto cuz i don't have doors on my stand and 24 hour lights would drive me insane lol.

Back
Top Bottom