Chalice anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I picked up this little guy last weekend he is about the size of a nickel. I was told it was a chalice but they could not tell me which one. uploadfromtaptalk1388110061508.jpguploadfromtaptalk1388110061508.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Looks great. Love to see that one grow larger. Good luck with it.

No, I couldn't find one like it online. Someone will probably know and chime in.

I believe that is referred to by some as a "flamethrower" chalice. I used to call them a bleeding chalice. Here's a picture from a Premium Aquatics sale thread. look the same?-
coral12.jpg

Not quite.. It is more red with grey eyes. Wish it was that one pretty cool looking... Hoping to pick up a Toxic Pie tomorrow and maybe a Mummy Eye one.

I believe that's a mycedium.
thanks for the ID Doug. I went to a lfs this past weekend and saw something similar except that the eyes are the same color as the body. The owner told me what he has is a watermelon chalice. so by association, my coral should be some sort of a watermelon chalice as well, correct? he's selling his coral for $200, should I expect my coral to be valued around that price range (at least retail wise) esp when mine is bigger than his and has different colored eyes?

thanks for the ID Doug. I went to a lfs this past weekend and saw something similar except that the eyes are the same color as the body. The owner told me what he has is a watermelon chalice. so by association, my coral should be some sort of a watermelon chalice as well, correct? he's selling his coral for $200, should I expect my coral to be valued around that price range (at least retail wise) esp when mine is bigger than his and has different colored eyes?
The 3rd chalice SWSCJ just posted is a watermelon chalice, if I'm not mistaken. If it's not, they look just like that except are a pinkish (hence the watermelon name) with green eyes and green rim.
Here's one I've kept-
img_2776468_0_e90affe3019a55553a1c52e6b48e0050.jpg

Well I just picked up my toxic pie chalice about the size of a quarter. I would have gotten the mummy eye but theguy was wanting $20 per eye not sure if that is a good price or to high of a price. He also had the watermelon chalice as well.

Back
Top Bottom