Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscomia View Post
I switched because IO wouldnt keep my ph and calcium levels where they needed to be
Was this with the regular IO? Or were you using IO Reef Crystals? I use the Reef Crystals and don't have an issue.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yep, my levels with I/O regular were all good. I'm gonna try another brand though when this bucket runs out just so I can compare. I was gonna try either I/O reef or tropic marin. lol two total ends of the spectrum. I think it's a good idea to try other ones as this will let you find the mix you like the best. Everyone has an opinion on their salt mixes but it's a personal thing I think.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
yep, my levels with I/O regular were all good. I'm gonna try another brand though when this bucket runs out just so I can compare. I was gonna try either I/O reef or tropic marin. lol two total ends of the spectrum. I think it's a good idea to try other ones as this will let you find the mix you like the best. Everyone has an opinion on their salt mixes but it's a personal thing I think.
Here's where the classic saying comes in. "Why fix something if it isnt broken?"

If you are moving to another salt to get more of the trace elements if you are getting into more corals, then i'm all for it. Here is a tip for those that purchase any salt mix. Make sure you mix the whole bucket or box before making a batch of SW. Some elements tend to settle more than others.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm currently pretty coral heavy so I figure I'd try some other brands and see if i can get more out of it. Also looking for better dissolving salt. just wanna know I've been there done that when I make a decision. LOL
Old 05-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
"if it aint broke dont fix it" lol ive been using io now all my corals are doing great so im gonna stick with it
Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
Here's where the classic saying comes in. "Why fix something if it isnt broken?"

If you are moving to another salt to get more of the trace elements if you are getting into more corals, then i'm all for it. Here is a tip for those that purchase any salt mix. Make sure you mix the whole bucket or box before making a batch of SW. Some elements tend to settle more than others.
Good idea Chisel about shaking up the salt before mixing it with water! Can't hurt.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhart608 View Post
Good idea Chisel about shaking up the salt before mixing it with water! Can't hurt.
Some wonder why they get different test results from the top half of the bucket to the bottom? That's why.

Tags
changing, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com