Cheap LED Pendant on EBAY equivalent to a 250w Metal Halide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it sounds too good to be Tru, it is. Yr not going to get a light that gives out the same output as a 250 mh for $75. It also states it is good for a 40 to a 200 gallon tank, really..........

This is nonsense. It is only a 30 watt royal blue multi segment LED. I use these in the 100 watt range. It is a cheap part and will only produce the blue light, and it should have about the same PAR as a 100 watt MH, at BEST.

baron1282 said:
Hey guys while were on the subject. What about this?

36"78w Aquarium Light Hood T5 HO Saltwater Reef Cichlid Actinic Fluorescent 2x39 | eBay

Is that a good deal and what kind of coral life could I support with that? Would that work for a 29 gallon?

You need a LED panel that is anywhere from 90 watts to 120 watts, depending on the depth of the tank and the hard corals you want. Tauttonics sells cheap panels we have all used. There are even dimmable ones. These types of panels are pretty superior to other lighting technologies.

I had this exact fixture. Infact it was my second odyssey fixture. I will tell you that unit gets unbelievably hot compared to my coralife qaud. The reflector is poor, and the splash guard is made of thin plastic. I even attempted to upgrade to ATI bulbs and that is when I found the cheap ballast was only pushing a 1/3 of the power.

I say either check out Taotronics on amazon or just buy a 24" name brand fixture. On that note, I am running a quad 24" over my 30" tank and I am keep lps, sps, and two clams.

Good luck!

Nuwave59

I understand, didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just figured since your question was already answered it would be ok. I know mods don't really like seeing threads opened with mostly the same information being asked over and over. That's why I posted the question here, because your thread is about lighting and if it's a good deal or not. So instead of making a new thread I went ahead and asked my question here.

Back
Top Bottom