Cheap place for snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ToiletDuck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
everywhere on-line wants me to buy like 30-50 bucks worth at a time. Anyone know a place where i could just get a few mexican turbo's? My lil tank is getting very algae ridden. I need something to kill it.

If your only buying a few it's not worth what it will cost to ship them to you-$25-35 just for shipping.

MT79 is right. Any live goods have to be shipped next-day-air, which starts at about $20.
You should only order online if you need a fair amount of livestock (so its cheaper than going to the LFS), or if there's no LFS in your area (which could make next-day-air unavailable...if you live out in the boonies).

I have ordered once from www.liveaquaria.com and had good results. everything arrived alive, and is still alive (did lose some hermit crabs after a couple months, but I have the same issue with ones bought locally)

went to several around but no luck on them having them. I've got one Queen konch in here but algae has taken up the sides of the glass and tubing and such. Think i should just get a seastar?

Ask your fish store to order some.

Also, if that's a queen conch, are you aware that it will totally outgrow teh tank? Queen conch shells can get up to 12" in diameter...as opposed to fighting conch's which I think max out at only 4" (possibly less).

Back
Top Bottom