check out my new lighting on my 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I forgot to post this up but it my new MH HQI 250w 14k retrofit kit. My zoos love it and fish.

Attachments

• tank_pic_with_hqi__large__307.jpg
    tank_pic_with_hqi__large__307.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 59
  • coral__large__193.jpg
    coral__large__193.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 39
You might want to acclimate them to the light slowly so that they dont get stressed out from the change.

I took the heater out. It never gets cold in my room to change temp dremasticly. the temp will get to 80-82 with light on and 78-76 lowest light off.

Cool. I like how you have the light hanging! Did it come with the stand or did you build it yourself?

my dad built the stand and I just drilled it in to the stand and sprayed it black. It also has a swivle on it to so I can turn the lights to left, center or right.

Looks sweet...I just set up a 37 gal, and the lighting system is hanging for that tank, and the tank is topless!

Is that just 14k or do you have any actinics?

What type of skimmer is that?

It is just 14k, 14k is blue enough for me. The skimmer is a Coralife super skimmer 65 - love this skimmer.

I'd be careful with 4 degree temp swing. Some critters and corals are pretty sensitive to that much of a swing. Also winter is coming and rooms tend to get colder at night so it might drop lower than that if you don't watch it. I'd keep the heater to prevent the temp from dropping too much. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom