check out this ebay auction! the nerve.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen some ebay auctions where the "ask seller a question" questions post on the auction listing...does that always happen?

"Hey, are these them ones what take over that thar tank and, like, kill stuff?"...that sort of thing.....

If you're dumb enough to buy an anemone without researching it maybe you deserve an infected tank.

Either they are really stupid or....no they are just stupid. Hey, I have some weeds in my backyard, do you think I could sell them too?!

well, luckily no buyers! that saved about 20 posts and alot of headache for the buyer. :wink:

i thought that was pretty low down, if they knew what they accually had.

I'd be willing to sell him mine @ $3.00 each. That way he can make 100% profit.

Maybe I should grow more. Are they selling fasssst?

I wonder if he has any genital herpes for sale? In fact, i'm going to ask him... god bless the anonymity of the internet. :lol:

Okay, I'm a freshie too and don't what's wrong here....is that aptaisia? The plague that comes in on live rock and needs to be killed or what? I've heard about it, but wouldn't know what it looked like....m maybe that's what he's trying to do....hook a newbie that doesn't know any better.

crazyred said:
Okay, I'm a freshie too and don't what's wrong here....is that aptaisia? The plague that comes in on live rock and needs to be killed or what? I've heard about it, but wouldn't know what it looked like....m maybe that's what he's trying to do....hook a newbie that doesn't know any better.

yes its aptaisia. its a type of anemone that multiplies like crazy. they will take over the tank quite quickly. they also will sting other corals, which is why they are so undesireable. hth.

aptasia tanks? pretty easy to maintain i would imagine. those things live throught extreme cycles that nothing else could stand and ive even seen them go months with no light. just the ambient light from the room.

are they raising them for a food source for peppermints or nudibranch?

are they raising them for a food source for peppermints or nudibranch?

That thought crossed my mind this afternoon at work for some reason. That would be the only way I'd consider this auction. And the only way I'd give the seller a LITTLE bit of validity. ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for this freshie! Very interesting indeed. Hey, maybe I should auction off my pesty pond snails!!!

I have heard of people keeping them in their sumps for filtration though. They are great filter feeders which is why some folks keep them in the overflow boxes but eradicate them out of the main tank. Just a thought, but I wouldn't want them in my tank. Lemon juice works just as good as Joe's juice at getting rid of these little buggers.

Back
Top Bottom