Check the Price on this Coral!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy moly cow! I might look into getting a frag of one of those so that I can start my own money printing business! WOW! I've seen them on ebay for 400-500$/frag.

For that price it better do things I can't print a whooooole lot better than my wife!

Now all you need is that 900$ pygmy angel and you will have the cost of a good used car sitting in your living room!!

A.lords are the new hot thing right now. $2000 price tag is actually a good deal for 70+ polyps. But the coloration is just ok.

the guy who owns my LFS gave me an acan for free............ it's got about 18 polyps on it. red and green.

wholesale they are $35

just a quick FYI

You could probably break it in 2 and get 1000$ for them on ebay!

I would, But I have no Idea how to ship corals. And even if I did I would probably feel bad about ripping someone off so bad, That and the fact that taking a minisaw to corals makes me a little nervous.

I've heard a band saw is the best way to frag one of those. For shipping triple bagging with a good amount of water and O2 if you can get some in the bag. Pack in peanuts with a hand warmer heater or two. If you put it on ebay for 20$ you wouldn't have to feel bad for selling it for an outrageous sum of money. Let the nuts on ebay do that for you! :mrgreen:

isn't there two species of acans, one is cheaper and the other is more expensive? Something about the ones being collected in Japan are more expensive.

Klam,

there are a bunch.......

Acanthastrea
Acanthastrea amakusensis
Acanthastrea bowerbanki
Acanthastrea brevis
Acanthastrea echinata
Acanthastrea erythraea
Acanthastrea faviaformis
Acanthastrea hemprichii
Acanthastrea hillae
Acanthastrea ishigakiensis
Acanthastrea lordhowensis
Acanthastrea maxima
Acanthastrea minuta
Acanthastrea regularis
Acanthastrea rotundoflora
Acanthastrea subechinata

The lordhowensis are the expensive ones, and the more colorful the more money they cost. All of them pretty much come from the same places the only thing that makes them expensive is the fact that people are retarded.

These people are crazy, but if you have the money I guess go for it but not me, Give me some $20 frags and I'll watch them grow. The color of it looks kinda crappy anyway.

Back
Top Bottom