Chemi-Clean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
is it okay to keep my fish in the tank when i am treating for cyano. i dont have a qt, so i wanted to make sure my fish wouldnt die before i used this.

Cheni-Clean is completely safe for your fish, corals and invets. Just make sure you remove your carbon and shut off your skimmer. Let the ChemiClean circulate for 24-48hrs then do a 20% water change, put in some fresh carbon and turn on your skimmer. Any idea what is causing the cyno?

I have no idea. I did 2 20% water changes last weekend and its still growing

Are you overfeeding or maybe using a new food. It will be caused by excess nutrients in the water. If you dont find the cause it will likely be back soon. My cyano outbreak was caused by some new colony polyps. I guess they got damaged in shipping. About 2/3 died and the other 1/3 opened on day 2. The dieoff process put a lot of excess stuff in my tank and the cyano came with it. The die off is gone and so is the cyano.

Keep in mind that chemiClean will do a nice job of removing the cyno from the tank, howeever, it is only a band-aid. If you do not identify the source of the cyno it will just keep coming back. Ussually it is due to high PO4 in the water. Get a PO4 test kit and test both your tank water and your source water for PO4. this is a good place to start. If your PO4 is okay we can look at other causes.

Back
Top Bottom