Chemi-pure Elite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huffers

Aquarium Advice Freak
As anyone here had any experience using chemi-pure elite in their systems? I've been having a slight hair algae problem and was looking for a good chemical medium to help remove phosphates and silicates. I purchased this product today and was hoping this would help me accomplish my goal.

I've been using it for maybe a month. It does make a difference but you need a lot of it. I'm running 3 half unit bags on about 120 gal water volume and I'm not sure I'm at full dose. It's easy to use where it's carbon & GFO combined.

For me it's a stop gap measure until I get a new reactor setup running. It works, but it's not a miracle product.

Been using elite for 9 months and I see a difference if I run out and go a month without. I also added it to my African Cichlid tank in the aquaclear 110 and did not see a difference at all.

So... I saw more of an effect on the saltwater tank then the freshwater tank.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

MikeYQM said:
I've been using it for maybe a month. It does make a difference but you need a lot of it. I'm running 3 half unit bags on about 120 gal water volume and I'm not sure I'm at full dose. It's easy to use where it's carbon & GFO combined.

For me it's a stop gap measure until I get a new reactor setup running. It works, but it's not a miracle product.

You need to have 2 units for 100 gal and 1 unit for every 25 gal above 100 gal.

Well Im using it on a 10 gallon nano reef in order to remove all phosphates. I put 1/2 unit in my hang on back filter and I'm going to see how that works.

I would imagine you would see good results. I just didn't want the expense of operating it on my system. It's would be ideal for small tanks.

Back
Top Bottom