Chemi pure elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you look at page 1 there is a picture, the bottom part (green stuff) is the phosphate. It's not like a sponge it's like a piece of cloth. It's hard to explain basically imagine lots of strands of cotton put together really tight in to a block. It's like that.

I looked at the pic but couldn't really tell exactly. Well then do the two sponges then the chemipure I'd try that first

Ok so I'm going to keep the carbon sponge. As the chemi pure elite says it only has a small amount in it. But it removes phosphates so I will remove the phosphate sponge. And put the the chemi.

Ya it has ion exchange resins that do the same thing as carbon which is y it don't need much. You can actually remove both and put some bio media in one.

Bio media...like what?

Can you give some examples?

Ceramic rings. To build a biological bacteria colony in. They eat ammonia put out nitrite then more come in and eat the nitrate and turn it to nitrate and to get rid of nitrate do weekly waterchanges and adding plants can help.

You tube isn't working on my phone right now but you can go to YouTube and search understanding the nitrogen cycle

Back
Top Bottom