Chemical War Fair!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright a couple weeks ago I saw my prize Acan almost wilt away. I was wondering what could be the problem. Until I read somewhere that Coral can fight for space and start a Chemical War against each other. I forgot that it is possible for this to happen. Well it turns out I was wondering why my Acan was about to die and I notice the Frogspawn ever so slightly about 3-4 inches away from my Acan and finally put 2 and 2 together and moved the Frogspawn... As of today my Acan has bounced back and is doing great... :)

That's good. I had something similar with a small bunch of green star polyps that I have and some nearby mushrooms. The mushrooms started puking up their guts. I moved them a bit further away as they were just a bit down-current from the star polyps. The mushrooms bounced back immediately.

Good thing you caught it quickly.

With the frogspawn it`s not chemical warfare. They have sweepers that will sweep out and sting other corals. Usually on the LPS corals you need about 5-7 inches of distance to keep them from stinging other corals. Your chemical warfare comes mostly from leather corals.

Back
Top Bottom