Chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C4L05 R33F

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guys I was wondering what chemicals can I add to my tank that will safely enhance the colors of my corals, it's not that I have a problem now its that I wanted to know if there is anything to make them brighter. Thanks

IME most products are snake oil and/or most tanks are not in such good balance that the products provide the limiting factor. There is always a limiting factor in how well the livestock will do and few tanks are at the point where trace elements and micronutrients will make a difference.

The real answer is to question anything you buy. Buy it once, use it as directed, then when you run out stop using it. If you see a decline when you stop, keep using it. If you don't see any difference when you stop using it, don't keep wasting your money on it.

C4L05 R33F said:
I guys I was wondering what chemicals can I add to my tank that will safely enhance the colors of my corals, it's not that I have a problem now its that I wanted to know if there is anything to make them brighter. Thanks

The main factor in their color is your lights and the color spectrum they give.

i would agree with lighting and pristine water parameters. i don't think there is anything in a bottle that you can pour in and all of the sudden your corals look more colorful.
i would not add anything you haven't tested for and know for a fact that you are lacking. less is more in this case in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom