chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokey the bear

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a new 28g Nano owner sorta new started in 9-2013. Now that it is summer my temps are fluckuating because of me trying everything to cool down day starts out 76 degrees at the end of day 79 degrees this temp swing has killed my macro algae . Corals and fish are fine my lighting is all LEDS the professional set up from NANO. Looking at chillers and I want one that is cheap but will do the job. I did buy a fan but its evaporating a quart of water a day.

It really does not look like you are experiencing anything out of the ordinary. I lose a gallon and a half a day out of my 125.

Are u back from the future (9-2013) ?

LOL :lol:

a 3* temp change 76*-79* isn't really that bad , that shouldn't kill macro algae
I keep my reefs at 81* all year round , in the summer I run ceiling fan on med in rev that pulls heat away from tanks I also run these on my tanks
Fluorescent Aquarium Lighting: Cooling Fans

as for evaporation a qt a day I'd kill for that lol
I average about a gal a day evaporation on a hot day X that by 5 tanks :cool:
if you run a/c your evaporation will go down some

I have a 28 gal nano and temp goes up to 84 at day time. I turned off one built in circulating pump and have floor fan blowing at front. It regulated at 81. White light is on later in the afternoon for couple hours.

On a hot day at my house due to no central ac I can go from 77 to 82 in just a few hours and back to 76 in a few more. I don't like that much swing that fast. So I run my tanks with temperature controllers, chillers, heaters, and an ATO that keeps it + or - 1 degree of 78 consistently.

Back
Top Bottom