Chiller advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiko

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need a new chiller. My Via Aqua cc25 went haywire and dropped my tank down to 64 degrees. I had to diconnect it.

I want to get a new chiller, one that works well. Any advice?

a pacific coast 1/10 HP chiller will do you good. They have great factory support if something should go wrong as well! I have yet to get a complaint from someone who bought one of these chillers!

My tank is 55 gallons and room temperature in Lahaina is often in the 80's. I am not sure a 1/10 hp will be strong enough. My current, broken, chiller is 1/5 hp, and chilled it well, but reliability was an issue.

I recently bought an Artica 1/10 hP for my 50 gallon from the recommendation of a friend and it's been great. Very simple to hook up, extremely quiet also which is important. 1/10 should be fine. It does a max of 8 degree drop and comes from the factory set at 77 degrees. My temp before the chiller was a constant 83 degrees w/ fans, so the chiller did wonders.

I agree w/ mrlarry24. JBJ Artica 1/10 works marvelous in my 47.5 with too many pumps/lights/heat making gadgets.

Keeps my tank between 76-77 always and does it quickly.

I can't speak for the other brands, but it works great, quiet, and fast-cooling.

$399.00 including shipping/no tax from the drs.

It kicks on about every 2 hours for 15-20 mins, and is easy to program.

JMO,
Logan

Thanks folks! I need to order soon, and on the basis of your advice, I'll be purchasing a 1/10 hp unit.

Back
Top Bottom