Chiller ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My chiller was set to turn on when it reached 2 degrees above the set temperature and it blew a fuse....isn't a 3 degree flux a bad thing? Did I get screwed on my chiller or do they all work this way. Can't be good temp changing that way all the time....

Your details are sketchy. Regardless of what you had it set to, if it came on and popped a fuse, you should have it checked out. Replace the fuse (Please unplug it 1st!! ; ) with the same rated fuse and try again. If it fails a second time, you need to pull it out and consider it deadly poison!..Ok, well, not deadly poison, but it surely has a short in there and needs serviced. If the issue is that it ran and never shut off then popped a fuse, you may indeed may either have a problem with the chiller itself (Freon anyone?) *or* its way too under rated for the job. HVAC devices do have duty cycles associated with them and its important not to run them 24/7..Not to mention your electric bill..

Do be careful..

Does anyone no if the temp difference will do any harm or if it is normal. The last thing I need is ich in my tank!

PC- thank you, we are calling the manufactor today. Don't worry about the safety issues, my husband is very careful : ). I agree with you about the fuse and quite frankly I am a little peeved that the fuse popped, it's brand new and rated for 180g (1/4 hp). We have it set now for the chiller to kick on when the temp rises 3 degrees above the set temp and it seems to work just fine at that setting....however, it should've worked at the lowest setting also, it's not like I bought a chiller that wasn't suited for my tank. It's a Pacific Coast BTW. Hopefully it was somehow our error and it won't need to be sent back.

Back
Top Bottom