Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by oyf709 View Post
I don't like the light being that close to the canopy. You are not giving enough space for the hot air to move around. The light will work but the increasing heat could lead to less life span of the fixture itself.
Well the hot air actually shoots out of the side vents. The top is for the air intake and there is a 1/4" clearance between the canopy for air to go in. I also have a fan built into the canopy that has an integrated thermostat so it kicks on when the air inside the canopy reaches a certain temperature.

Originally Posted by irving91 View Post
I got the same over my 90 jus to experiment on leds. My only advice is to put dem up higher. Ive had them from 5 inches over my water up to 2 feet. Ive seen best results in about 14 to 16 inches. My friend has 3 over a 300g tank dats 10ft long. So they are pretty powerful for a cheap price
I wish i could raise them up, but as you can see i dont much room to work with. I actually do not mind having them lower though because i want to make sure i have decent par on the sandbed and it seems like there are no dark spots in the tank but i dont have water in there yet so we'll see.

LaWoWee is offline   Reply With Quote

chi, led, mounting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com