Choc. Chip Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suthernsalt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help with my choc.chip starfish.. We thought he was dead, lying on the bottom of the tank with all his black chips gone, and the end of his stars (legs) were gone. We ate dinner first, came back and he is climbing up the wall!!!, Do u think he is ok... do u think one of my other fish attacked him... I'm new to this stuff... I have a yellow tang, nemo, firefish, dogface puffer, sand scooter, manderian goby, someother fish i'm not sure the name of, but I haven't seen anyone hurting him.. Is there anything I can do??? I did read on this site somewhere that High Nitrates can be a prob. well mine are off the charts, but everything else is ok, gravity, ph, amo is 0 , & nitrites are 0, so i'm not so sure about the test if it is accurate, but any advise is welcome.

How long did you acclimate it for?

Just a quick question, you mention that you are new to this...how long has the tank been set up?

suthernsalt said:
I have a yellow tang, nemo, firefish, dogface puffer, sand scooter, manderian goby, someother fish i'm not sure the name of, but I haven't seen anyone hurting him..
Wouldn't rule that out just yet. Puffers primarily hunt at night :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I saw the dogface puffer last night picking on the star when he was walking across the sand in the thank. this may be my problem

we purchased the tank from an individual, we saved most of the tank's water and added about 25gals of fresh ro & saltwater.

I introduced the star very slowly to the tank for a couple of hours at least, Im not sure of the time. but my tank has been set up at home now for about 2weeks.

Back
Top Bottom