Chocolate Chip Starfish worries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kooky_dave

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased a small CCS today drip acclimated for almost an hour, slid him in my tank and seemed to be fine. Well I went outside for about 2 hours came back in looked at him and the ends to his legs were upturned facing up. Is he dead? I bought him from my local Petco. How do you tell if they are dead or alive? In the tank I also have 3 damsels a turbo snail and a small hermit crab with live sand and live rock. What should i look for to tell if the lil guy still kickin or not? Thanks for all your help:confused::confused:

Welcome to AA!

I've never kept them, but hear they are extremely sensitive to Salinity and pH swings. How fast was your drip? an hour long is good, but it can't be a fast drip.

chocolate chip starfish

I just got a CCS and after about 3or 4 hours all 5 of his lil legs are pointing skyward. Should I worry about this? I hope not I been wanting a starfish for a very long time.:confused:

I merged your 2 threads together, since they were very similar. Hope you can figure out what's going on with your starfish.

Can you post water parameters and perhaps get a picture?

IME you cant kill one of those. They are very hardy. Just see what happens over the next few days. Hope you are not going to have a reef in that tank.

i have one in my tank. when i first put him in my tank he did that for an hour or so but after he found the rock and the sides of the tank and hes doing great. IMO i think he is fine just watch him he sould be ok

Back
Top Bottom