Chocolate ship star and cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fausett

Aquarium Advice Newbie
what do you suggest to feed my chocolate chip star and cleaner shrimp i do not have much allege in my tank yet

they should both eat food scraps left behind by your fish..

i know some people target feed stars but im a little unsure on what species need to be target fed..

Matt is right. I have both and they do fine cleaning up what the fish miss.
I have tried to target feed my CC star, he never accepts it and does fine without.

These acronymns are really screwed up.... I think FishFreek needs to just narrow it down to the basics (like LR for Live rock, just the basics like that).

Just a suggestion.....

Anyway, they will eat your fish poop and leftover food.

I also feed my CC starts raw shrimp. I cut a tiny piece off, the size of a pea. I only feed when they come to the tank and hang over the water's edge. This is their sign for "I'm hungry". I hold a piece right up to them and they grab onto it with their tentacles and roll it down to their mouths. I can tell when they are looking extra skinny and are hungry. I would say I do this once every week or 10 days.

D

i put brocolli and roman lettuce in my tank for my tang and my chocolate star will latch one for days at a time its verry strange but he loves his greens

i have a large general wich i feed clam,shrimp and pellets he seems to get sick of 1 food and wont take it for a while so i swich to something else the small cc i have seems to eat shrimp all the time

Back
Top Bottom