chocolate tang?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
anybody know anything about this tang?

Attachments

• chocolate_tang.jpg
    chocolate_tang.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 284
  • chocolate_tang.jpg
    chocolate_tang.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 279
looks like an adult mimic tang to me,i think its the same as a chocolate tang just different common names depending on what source or who you talk to. anyways i have had one for about two years, and im more than likley biased because its my favourite fish, but i would have to say its one of the stronger tangs as far as withstanding bad water quality goes.. i lost an anenome to a powerhead in my orginal tank and he was the only fish to live throught it, he grazes all day off the rock and readily accepts any food i offer him and he doesn't bother any of my other fish including the tangs(from previous tank) overall i feel its a great choice of fish but thats just me.... good luck

any reason why they call it a "mimic" tang?

have had one for about two years
how big is now and is it still yellow?

doesn't bother any of my other fish including the tangs(from previous tank)
what other tangs do you have in your tank? is it as peaceful as a Naso?

yeah Ive got nothing but tangs in my tank, dont know why I like tangs, but its the only fishes that Ive not sold back to the LFS.

thanks mate :)

hey, i got mine when he extremly small bout 3/4 of an inch, he was so small that my LFS had no clue what it was. when i got him he had not much colour, kinda a faded white lemon colour. he than changed into bright yellow, than from that into yellow with a web like dark pattern around the perimeter of the body. hey stayed like this in my 75G tank which i had at the time, i think that this may have slowed his growth. during his time in the 75G tank he was tank mates with a yellow, purple and powder blue tang, all of which he did not fight with! this may have been connneceted to his size... he is now aprox 3 and 1/2 inches and living in my 450G reef system, loving his new life :D , there are no tangs other than him in the tank currently but i have a Pacific blue tang in my QT tank which is due to be added in aprox 2 weeks. so in time i will find out if indeed it was his size or if he just has a good nature, im leaning towards the second of the too. ill let you know how it goes in 2 weeks.. good luck

cool....let me know.... right now Ive got a powder blue, a small orange shoulder, (kinda looks like a dirty lemon peel right now, but cant wait till it changes colors) and blue hippo... So the powder blue never touched it? thats the only fish that Ive that might get aggressive with the mimic.

Back
Top Bottom