Christmas Tree Worm Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have seen tons of christmas tree worms in the wild and I have recently bought a rock with 4 set of them on it. Two of the sets are pretty big and the other two are really small. Will the smaller ones get bigger? Will they reproduce and create more in that rock or in any other of my LR?

I've read they don't reproduce in captivity. The small ones may get bigger. Mine never did though. I had a porites rock with about a dozen worms on it and my cleaner shrimp "cleaned" them up. :?

Really your cleaner shrimp cleaned them? I have a blood red cleaner shrimp and a skunk cleaner who is a little crazy and likes to be everywhere at once cleaning everything that is moving and the christmas tree worms seem to be doing fine. Should I be worried about them cleaning them? I have a few feather duster left after my wrasse decided it was dinner or my arrow crab but I think it was the wrasse which seem to be doing pretty well too. I really want to get like 3 or 4 more skunk cleaners because I think they are fun but not if they are going to eat my christmas tree worms.

Well, honestly, I don't know why all of a sudden they decided to eat the worms. I'd had the coral and shrimp for months. I noticed after a while not as many worms were coming out. Then noticed the tubes were empty. I had no idea why they died til I was watching the tank one day and watched the cleaner pestering a blue worm. Still didn't think much of it since the cleaners pretty much harass everyone in the tank, til I watched him pull the worm from the tube. Again, I don't know if maybe it sensed the worm was checking out or not but, my porites no longer has worms in it. :?

Back
Top Bottom