christmas tree worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryannao

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi, i don't have a saltwater anything, but i'm really interested in christmas tree worms(if there is a different name for them then i feel dumb calling them this.) does anybody have them in their tanks? i was wondering how big of a tank you might need for them

They don't really need a "certain size" tank. Just the correct parameters and husbandry. You can search under the name Spirobranchus if that helps you.

The ones commonly called Christmas tree worms have a symbiotic relationship with porites coral, which is supposedly a challenging SPS coral. If the coral goes, do do the worms.

This is an interesting question. Porites aren't normally as difficult to care for as say, an acro. The addition of the worms is what makes it more difficult from my understanding. I've never attempted them personally, but from all I read about them early on in my reef keeping is that they are shy and like shaded area...which is the opposite of what this sps coral likes. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom