Christmas Wrasse Addition: Couple Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Dude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently I added a Christams Wrasse to my tank. It is about 4 inches and very robust. Gorgeous color markings and I will get some pics on as soon as I can. It's in with a Maculosous and a Yellow Tang and Flame Hawk. It has tons of personality but I was looking up some background info on it and I wasn't sure about it's distinction. The terminal males are most colorful but what exactly does that mean. It acts like a fairy wrasse. Is it classified as such. There also seems to be two different christmas wrasses. One is a coris that gets up to 5 feet, but does not bare a resemblance. Can they change sexes and if so would a single wrasse change to a "Terminal Male"?

Well he swam around for a few hours and slammed into the sand a few times. His fins look clear and he seems healthy even picking at some frozen bits right off the bat. He disappeared about an hour ago and is no where to be found. Is this normal for wrasses. Do they glance off the substrate or could I be in trouble again.

You think I would learn. i bought a harlequin tusk from the same LFS about a years ago and it wiped out my entire tank of 5 years. I hope I don't have to go through that again.

Back
Top Bottom