Chromis alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would love to add either a blue reef chromis or a blue/green chromis to my biocube 29 stock list, but I don't have enough room to house more that 1-2 of them. My question is, would I do ok with one alone?

It depends on the other fish you have in your tank. A single chromis does fine as long as it doesn't get bullied.

I've seen them alone in quite a few tanks. Wether or not that's a good thing and that there's not difference compared to a chromis in a school; i'm not sure.

It's companions would be
1 occ clown
1 bangaii cardinal
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchman goby
1 purple firefish

The bangaii will be the most aggressive so that is the one that should go in last and an eye kept on it.

Alright. So it should work? Could I put the chromis in first since its probably the most peaceful? I didn't know that bangaiis were aggresive. Thanks!

My 4 blue reef chromis chase each other around quite frequently, in fact I suspect they offed the 5th blue reef that I had. They are really cool to watch though, very active fish, even at night with the lights off they are swimming around. They eat everything too,flake, pellets and frozen.

I ordered medium ones from Liveaquaria and mine came in at about 2 inches or so each so keep that in mind. Not sure how many you can fit comfortably.

Beautiful fish though and nice pick. :)

carey said:
My 4 blue reef chromis chase each other around quite frequently, in fact I suspect they offed the 5th blue reef that I had. They are really cool to watch though, very active fish, even at night with the lights off they are swimming around. They eat everything too,flake, pellets and frozen.

I ordered medium ones from Liveaquaria and mine came in at about 2 inches or so each so keep that in mind. Not sure how many you can fit comfortably.

Beautiful fish though and nice pick. :)

Yeah there really pretty. Do you think I could do only one or two in my cube?

Honestly I think they might have to wait for a bigger tank. :-( You kinda want them to school and they need at least 3 or more for that. Mine are very very active and use a lot of the space in the 125g for their antics.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble and all. :-( I hate saying anything negative but thats my opinion so I felt you should have it from my side of things. You still have a pretty awesome stocking list though, shouldn't be hard to find another fish. :-D

Back
Top Bottom