Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2014, 02:28 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I added 2 chromis first in my tank followed by 2 clowns two weeks later and never had any issues with aggression and that was in a 30g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

^ like I originally said.. You'll be fine. Even if the clowns are small.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok...
just put my new clowns in the tank and the chromis wasted no time chasing them around. They are smaller than he is. At least the clowns are sticking together. Is this just a territorial thing or should I be concerned ? He's not chasing them constantly but I don't want them to get stressed out already.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Was there a limit on the chromis at wwc? I went to a shop in sanford instead of wwc today. lol

I too was interested in the chromis deal they had, 4 for $10.

And as for your question, I now have 15 blue green chromis and a pair of clowns and they leave each other alone. Havent seen any aggression whatsoever from the chromis. Though it is true, they will dwindle in numbers eventually either from natural causes or other mishaps. I lost one to the overflow and still have one in an overflow. lol
Old 07-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansouci01 View Post
Ok...
just put my new clowns in the tank and the chromis wasted no time chasing them around. They are smaller than he is. At least the clowns are sticking together. Is this just a territorial thing or should I be concerned ? He's not chasing them constantly but I don't want them to get stressed out already.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if it's already killed 3 fish it is very aggressive and it's doing what aggressive fish do
Old 07-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi Carey
Didn't see anything about a limit on the chromis but 4 for 10 is a good deal. the place was packed. They also had coral frags for 8.99. Had some nice pieces. Might go back tomorrow for a couple. Since I posted the post about my chromis and the clowns, he seems to have calmed down. Maybe just angry about new tank mates.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm I am supposed to be going to the stormborn anniversary sale tomorrow but I would LOVE to swing by wwc for some more chromis. lol

Do you have your lights out? i always add fish to a blue lit or unlit tank. Gives everyone a chance to get used to the new additions.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yep.just have the blue led's on...must have been 50 people in the store today and you know the size of that store but they had lots of fish...
Old 07-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #19
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I wouldn't worry so much about the chromis , if anything 2 clowns would gang up on the chromis , that would be there way of saying ok we are taking over ,

Tags
chromis, clown, clowns

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com