Chromis gets a friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
So a couple of months ago I stop into one of our crappy LFS's and take a gander around. I have since decided to not go there anymore just because they suck and I would not like to further their business with my cash.

Anyway they had a tiny green chromis in a 10x10 acrylic flow-through block, crammed in there with 3 angry damsels that had the chromis ragged and skinny. (You know how damsels can get.) Anyway I bought the poor lil guy and let him go in my 20g propogation tank. He hid a lot but began to get sleek and shiny green and more relaxed over the course of a couple of months with some good down home frozen blender mush vittles.

So I went to another one of our crappy LFS's today to get some frozen food because I ran outa blender mush and I bought THEIR only green chromis for $6.99 which is insanely high yes I know.

Anyway 4 hours later, the pair of chromises is now flitting around together and flapping thier fins constantly and their colors went to some kind of super bright neon blue-green. They won't leave each other's side. Hopefully I can snag a couple more of these schooling fish as time goes on.

So that is the story of 2 happy Chromises. The end.

P.S. All of my LFS's suck. :wink:

Thanks guys. My refractometer indicated 1.034 in the bag water for the first chromis. It was similarly bad for the second guy at 1.030.

Do you guys think that is a tad bit salty. :roll:

Man I could probably make a killing if I had a clean LFS in this town. Heck I could order from a retail outlet like saltwaterfish.com, resell at a good profit and still be lower than my LFS, LOL!!!

Here's some prices for a local LFS here, to give you an idea of how ridiculous it is:

toadstool leather, 2 inches across (looks like a frag) - $59.90
BTA - $79.90
live rock - $16/lb , the crappy base rock goes for $9/lb
Conch - $15.90
etc.

And all the giant aips you can take home with you, if you're ignorant enough to buy some of their LR. :roll:

yea its amazing but i know it a tuff business but wold be so tuff if they didnt try to make it rich from it :) 16 lb for rock is a joke

well i have seen live rock for 22 a lbs. but it was kick ass rock. i dont know what kind it was but it was kind of like tonga but was not smoth and has tons of surface area. and it was all purl coloring. great rock but the price was way too much for me. and if i was going to put it in a tank all of the rock would have to be the same looking. it was just that different looking.

Back
Top Bottom