Chromis question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychocircus91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys,
My 75 gallon reef currently has a foxface, a maroon clown, and a YT damsel. I am considering adding 3-4 green chromis, but have heard mixed things about adding them in schools in a tank this size. Does anyone have experience with this?

My 75 g has four...no issues with tank mates although they do have a pecking order amongst themselves, but nothing serious.

Tank mates are 2 ocillarious clowns and (as of yesterday) 2 RBTAs, a one spot Foxface, a Black Capped Basslett, two Carpenter's Wrasses', a Neon Goby, and. a Six Spot Goby,

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My 75 g has four...no issues with tank mates although they do have a pecking order amongst themselves, but nothing serious.

+1 on the pecking order and I don't like their look under straight actinics. But Very peaceful, easy, cheap and playful fish.

Thanks guys, Sorry I wasn't very clear. It was the pecking order and them killing each other off until only one is left that I was worried about.

No worries.....you'll be able to tell the pecking order according to they'r size...they were the same when I bought them and now I have S, M, L, & XL. Lol

+1 on the actinics....they look like a "hole" in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys, Sorry I wasn't very clear. It was the pecking order and them killing each other off until only one is left that I was worried about.

I had 3 but 1 was slightly smaller than the other 2, he got hassled to death. Try to find similar sized fish. The remaining 2 still have this problem but I added more love rock and hiding places and they seem fine now. However this is in a 40 gallon which initially had very little live rock.

Back
Top Bottom