Clam question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hat would you guys/gals say is the best place for clam placement ? On a rock or in the sand bed ?
Looking forward to your input :)

I think that is mostly dependent on the type of clam. Some prefer sand, some in the rocks. I think most though prefer to be on the sand.

I think it also depends on your lighting and the size of the clam. A smaller clam is not going to like super intense lighting but a larger one will. When i had my clam I had him about 3/4 of the way up the rock work. Unfortunately I am stupid sometimes and moved a rock and down he fell, yanking his foot and killing him. So if you put him in the rock make sure he is super secure and nothing can knock him down.

I have put it in both places. As long as it is in a stable place it should be OK. What kind are you getting or have?

melosu58 said:
I have put it in both places. As long as it is in a stable place it should be OK. What kind are you getting or have?

I forgot to ask the name :-/ maybe you can tell me ^_^

ccCapt said:
Definitely crocea. Should be up on the rocks and they have high lighting needs.

Thanks will move him after i have re arrange the rock a little :)
This is my current set up , I wanna put the smaller power head in the rock work close to the bottom

Back
Top Bottom