Clams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to say none, almost all clams need intense lighting. If I were to recommend one it would be the tridacna hippopus, it might do alright. They are considered a fairly easy one to keep and I've read that they are tolerant to lighting.

We have one and I actually quite like it, if you look at it from above the lines are a yellow gold color and very bright.

i doubt any clams would be able to be housed under PC lighting, unless you have the best reflectors with hundreds of watts of power

Two clams that I have had and have now do pretty good under moderate lighting. Not all clams have to have intense lighting. I had a squamosa clam that lived for 4 yrs under VHO lighting. Here is a pic of the squamosa clam I had.

009.jpg

I now have a derasa clam that does great under my VHO`s. This is a pic of mine when I first got it. I`ll need to get a current pic.

004.jpg

i would not consider VHO lighting "moderate". VHO lamps penetrate the water much better than power compacts.

I agree over PC`s. But on the other hand I dont consider them intense or high lighting. But I do see your point Doug.

Back
Top Bottom