Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to know what kind of fish, and invertebrate like crabs that will destroy your clam

I want to know what kind of fish, and invertebrate like crabs that will destroy your clam
Lots of fish love clams, why not ask abut the fish that won't? Less of them? As far as inverts go, I don't think any will unless it's a dead clam or frozen as food, I'm not sure about a mantis shrimp, they might!

There are reports of cleaner shrimp and hermit crabs attacking clams, but my bet is the clam was already dying and these guys were just cleaning up.

There are reports of cleaner shrimp and hermit crabs attacking clams, but my bet is the clam was already dying and these guys were just cleaning up.
I don't know about that, but mine do go and get food off the clam, they are about 6-8" big so lots of food falls on them, the cleaners,,!!,, but I've never saw a hermit near it? I think it would just go flying off if the clam were to shut it's mantle?

Back
Top Bottom