Clams??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pudge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey i really like clams and how they look when i go to the stores, my question is what is the least amount of light that you need to have a clam. I have260 watts of power compact (2 12k 2 actinic)will that be enough.

Most clams require MH lighting, especially croceas and super-colored maximas. I have a key hole maxima under 260watts of CF lighting for over a year now and it is dong grreat. Derasa and squamosa tend to require less light so you may be okay there.

LFS will keep high light clams under low lights because they don't plan on having them long. My Crocea was under PC lights for over a month. It was not looking so good when I bought it so I rescued it :)

How much does all your electric bill come to every month with MH lighting, sump/fuge equipments, and other equipments?

Is it so much that you'd say to yourself "this eletric bill is nuts". ? I am curious and is planning on setting up my 29G cichlid tank into a reef tank in a few months.

That would be a good thread.

Electrical cost
region of country
set up
SQ footage of house

I know mine keeps going up. It is HOT in the midwest lately

on a second note...

the T5's are supposed to be more efficent and able to put out better light then vho's and pc's

you think a 4 bulb setup would suffice for some of the clams?

Back
Top Bottom