clams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I am told (no personal experience) that given enough Light, they should be ok with that. with lower light levels, I have heard of people using an inverted 2 liter bottle w/the bottom cut off, and a peice of air line fitted into the cap. basicly you submerge the bottle and place it over the clam. with a syringe shoot phytoplankton down the airline into the inverted bottle (a pre determined amount). the clam will feed until the water inside the bottle goes from cloudy to clear. I beieve I have heard ReefRunner discuss this method some time ago.

HTH

Thanx a bunch that is an awesome idea. I will try that. are there any websites on the anatomy of clams? Also how often do you feed yours?

I had babies and at that time fed them twice a week if I am remembering right.

Thanx a bunch
another quick question. I went and bought one this morning and I am planning on moving him into my 125 later. I put him up on my rocks and a few hours later he jumped off into the sand should I put him on a shell or something and keep him on the sand. When I move him I dont want to tear his little foot. Or will he even be able to attach himself to the loose sand.
TIA

What kind of clam is it? Some clams like to be in the sand and others like to be up in the rocks. If he's in the sand you shouldnt tear its foot because there will be nothing for it to grab on to that is strong enough to tear it when you pull on it.

it is a crocea i hope i am spelling that right. I put him on a shell and he has attached to that. he seems to be doing fine where he is so i will leave him alone for now.

Cool, maybe you can put the shell up towards the top to give it a little bit more lighting? I have mine in the sand right now but when I get it in the new tank I'm going to try to put him on a rock up towards the top and hopefully he wont jump off! :)

I just tried to put him up towars the top and he was already trying to get off of the shell so I put him back down on the sand where he likes to be. He looks so happy on the sand.

Back
Top Bottom