Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #11
KLN
Aquarium Advice Regular

My apologies for the blunt post above. It had been a very bad day and my tact was nonexistent.

I do think it is a stretch to say any lving animal tissue is devoid of nutrition, but I did not need to be rude about it.

Thanks

Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to melissfish
I am now feeding them JBL Maris (flakes) and giving them a little brine once a week only. The aquarium where i brought the fish recommended Brine shrimp, They also recomended cycling with bottled bacteria which did not work as well as was expected, From now on i will come here for advice and go to the shop if i want to buy something

Old 01-21-2004, 11:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to melissfish
i am now feeding them jbl maris flakes (with 30% krill) and my goldfish are loving the brine, the packet said its nutritious, the man who sold me the fish recommended brine as their only food source was fine, strange he didnt try to sell me the flakes as they cost nearly twice as much, anything frozen i should supplement with or shall i believe the packet that it is a complete food.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #14
steve-s

Unless the brine is vitamin fortified it is useless as a staple food for SW animals. Typically I like to recommend a variety of foods flake, pellet and frozen to ensure the fish are getting the full nutrition they need to stay healthy. You can even make your own. The key is not soley in the type of food but what it contains. There are many frozen preparations available that can be added to the feeding routine provided they are properly fortified.

Cheers
Steve
Old 01-25-2004, 01:56 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I feed my fish hikari pellets (spirilina and carnivore) and fresh seafood on alternating days. Sea food consisting of hand chopped squid, shrimp, krill, silver sides, and flounder. I also give frozen mysis mixed with brine shrimp and I add vita-chem. You can buy vitamin enriched jelly to bond your fish food creation or you can add liquid vitamins and put them into an ice tray. Handmade food cubes. (I love my fish, I have a picture of my skunk clown on my phone. Can you tell I'm a little too into this hobby?)

Tags
clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com