Clean up crew for a 240ltr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetermite

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey all, Im gonna need a larger clean up crew for my 240ltr reef tank.

i currently have 1 coral (boxer) shrimp, 1 snail and 1 blue leg hermit along with 2 common clowns. 27kgs of live rock.

could someone tell me the ideal clean up crew for my set up? would regular cleaner shrimps fair well with the boxer shrimp? or not a good combo? how many hermits do you recommend? snails? etc etc.

your input would be appreciated.

thanks

if I got it right, you 240 litres converst to about 63 gallons, and the rock converts to 59 lbs.

How old is the tank and the rock? It'll make a difference in the clean up crew (CUC) size.

Cleaner shrimp do fine with the boxer/coral banded shrimp in my experience (IME).

It`s really hard to say. Being that your tank is new and has a low fish load I would say that your CUC should be a small load. If your tank was very mature and you had a high fish load then I would say a bigger CUC would be needed. I would say with yours that maybe 5 snails, a few more hermits and about 8 nassirus snails. JMO

thanks melosu58. will get to the lfs tomorrow and do a little bit of shopping ;)

Back
Top Bottom