Clean Up Crew From ReefCleaners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've been in the hobby for close to a year now. My tank's cuc only consists of 3 snails and 1 hermit crab. I need to increase my cuc but the lfs near me are very cheap! One hermit crab ranges from $3-5 dollars! I'm thinking about buying a cuc online with paying the shipping because it would probably save me more money than buying from the lfs. Has anyone bought from reefcleaners and how was your package delivered? Did your cuc survive the trip and was it worth the money? I've never bought livestock online before so this would be a first. Was the shipping costly? Need some answers before I go on and do this. Please leave me some feedback.

I ordered from them once. I didn't get anything that needed priority mail so I got free shipping b/c I spent $50+. So got mostly nassarius, nerites, ceriths (and dwarf ones). I ordered about 75 ceriths and they gave me almost 200 it looked like! Everything was wrapped in moist towels and the acclimation directions said to just toss them in which I thought was questionable, but I followed it. Everything has done well and I'll be ordering from them again. Order a whole bunch of stuff b/c shipping is pretty pricey.

I ordered a CUC from them. I actually just wanted a few things to finish out my CUC in my 10 gallon but they send so much extras my tank is packed with snails lol. I ordered some nassarius, nerites, and dwarf ceriths, and same as with obscurereef, I only ordered 6 and got like 30 of the dwarfs! lol. There were extras of everything I ordered to cover DOAs, but everything survived and are still doing well. Shipping was barely anything for me but they are located only about 15 mins from me. I've always wanted to go check it out so I emailed them asking if I could and they said they aren't open to the public sadly.

Just me and my own experience with them. I did the custom CUC for your tank. I filled the paper work out and emailed them. What they wants to send me was way way overkill IMHO. I went to my LFS and hand picked my stiff a little more money but worth it IMO.

The Con

With freebies? I thought that was a good thing. lol

I don't have anywhere near me to get good inverts so reef cleaners is the best choice for me.

If you add so many snails, hermits, and whatever else, and have to actually add food to the tank to sustain them, it's not a good thing. Not saying anything about Reef Cleaners, because I've never ordered from them, but just have enough food available for whatever you intend to keep.

If you add so many snails, hermits, and whatever else, and have to actually add food to the tank to sustain them, it's not a good thing. Not saying anything about Reef Cleaners, because I've never ordered from them, but just have enough food available for whatever you intend to keep.

This ^^^ with the amount of inverts you put in your tank one must realize they have to eat also. I don't see the point in having to feed inverts and fish when IMO a CUC isn't necessary at all in a saltwater tank.

There nice to look at don't gets wrong. Just don't see the point. I had a CUC and after they go I'm most likely not replacing them expect for the "cleaner shrimp" why? Because I like looking at the little critter lol.

Again not at all knocking reef cleaners.

This is purely my own opinion.

Even out of all the extras they sent me I don't find that I need to add any extra food at all. Plus I enjoy having inverts in there, especially in a nano tank because my fish options are limited. Just my opinion as well.

I just think if the OP is looking for good quality inverts to create their clean up crew IMO reef cleaners is a great choice. Under order if you're worried about getting too many, or just tell them to not bother sending any extras.

I just received an order from reef cleaners last week. I used their acclimation process of just floating (I usually drip) and I only had 1 DOA chiton but they gave me 3 extras anyway. IMO, make your own CUC like I did by just ordering each thing separately. They'll always throw in extras so just order a few less than you want. They were cheap and their product is great. Wish they sold fish and more inverts!

Do you guys think the 25 dollar shipping is worth it? I want to get a good amount of blue legged hermits and snails. Would I be saving more if I ordered from them or if I were to buy from the lfs?

Do you guys think the 25 dollar shipping is worth it? I want to get a good amount of blue legged hermits and snails. Would I be saving more if I ordered from them or if I were to buy from the lfs?

Have you checked out reefs2go or your LFS? That seems steep.

I would definitely go ahead and order them- I'm ordering snail clean ups for my 10g and my 40g- I paid a heck of a lot more for 4 blue leg hermits and an emerald crab than the whole snail clean up crew and shipping, after you add the cost of gas, for my 10g ordering it!! :)

20 Nassarius Snails 20 Cerith Snails 10 XLG Cerith Snails 5 Turbo Snails 20 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs 5 Mexican Red Leg Hermit Crabs

Free shipping from reefs2go. Not sure where the shipping is the same if this is free.

I have ordered from them multiple times and have always been very happy. I wouldn't hesitate if it is more economical then the LFS.

20 Nassarius Snails 20 Cerith Snails 10 XLG Cerith Snails 5 Turbo Snails 20 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs 5 Mexican Red Leg Hermit Crabs

Free shipping from reefs2go. Not sure where the shipping is the same if this is free.
20 Nassarius snails? You are definitely going to have to add food to the tank for them!

Back
Top Bottom