Clean up Crew questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiftler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I only have a few members in my clean up crew right now. I have 2-3 emerald crabs, 1 camel shrimp, 1 turbo snail, and about 4-5 small striped snails that hitch hiked in. I know I need more of a crew for my newly developing 55 gallon reef tank.

My question is I have been looking on various websites like liveaquaria.com and saltwaterfish.com to get ideas on what to have my LFS order for me and it seems to me that the numbers of critters that they recommend is really high. Both sites are saying I need 30 - 40 snails and 40 hermit crabs and other critters as well. Is this right? Just seems like a lot of bioload. I don't want to feel like I'm going crazy when I swear I see the sand and the rocks move

30 - 90 Gallon Reef Pack - Free Shipping on Entire Order using code allfree

Saltwater Aquarium Inverts for Marine Reef Aquariums: The Keep It Clean Caribbean Package

Nooo you dont need 40 of each. What size tank do you have? You dont want to get too many because then there is nothjng for them to eat an they starve. I have 5 hermits and 6 snails in my 30, and i think that is enough

editted up top.....Forgot to mention its a 55 gallon

What kind if cc and how many would you guys that are so knowledgable ? recommend for my tank?

Swiftler said:
What kind if cc and how many would you guys that are so knowledgable dde0a recommend for my tank?

Just like 10-15 nassisarius, turbo, and regular snails and 10 blue/redhermits, 1-2 cleaner shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp..

Back
Top Bottom