Clean up Crews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcdwep

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What company has the best bang for your buck with clean up crews? And what does a person need to watch out for with the critters....are there some that are often included in the packages that you later will wish you didn't get? I know some crabs are bad in the long run.....Input please!!

I have a 75 gal. tank. Most companies offer the "cleaner packages" for various size tanks. I was just wanting advice on what to watch out for in some of those packages that may later be detrimental to a reef tank. Also, I was wondering if the packages are the route to go or if I would be better/cheaper designing my own and getting exactly what I need.
What online companies are the best to deal with?

I want seastars, snails, hermits, and shrimp. Do any compaies offer a package with all of those in it?

Also, what do shrimp eat?

My question is how old is the tank? i would not add a large clean up crew in a new tank that does not have much food for them.
Seastars? what kind, IMO most star fish require a mature tank at least 8 months old, because they only eat a type of algae that takes a while to grow. And stars like linkias need a lot of LR and should be kept in larger tanks, JMO2.

My tank is a couple of years old but I recently sort-of started over. Switched substrate and didn't have much in it to begin with. Getting ready to get serious now. Preparing for corals and don't anything that would harm them.

go with a good mix of hermits blue legs and scarlet would be a good choice and snails to start. Emerald crabs are nice also.

The only thing I would say watch out for is the Emerald Crabs. Most around here have them with great sucess and i did too untill they got they taste of corals. I cant seem to catch them and I will never add them to any of my tanks again,EVER>>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom