Clean up Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Well wanting to use up a very appreciated 50.00 credit from Liveaquaria.com I deicided to use it to get more of a clean up crew from their Etropicals side of things.. This is what I ended up getting..

3 Astraea Turbo Snail (BYO)
5 Cerith Snail (BYO)
2 Green Lettuce Nudibranch (BYO)
5 Nassarius Snail (BYO)
1 Tiger Tail Sand Eating Cucumber (BYO)
2 Peppermint Shrimp (BYO)
3 Jumbo Mexican Turbo Snail (BYO)
5 Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab (BYO)

I am Quite aware about the Lettuce Nudis but other than that how does everything look for a 55gal... BTW They I also got an 2.5-3" ORA blue tort frag coming with this order that i will have pictures of as well.. I as well should have 2 replacement Hand Picked Acro Colonies coming in on Tuesday as well.. Gotta love them Dr. Foster and Smith People..

James

(BYO) :?:

I would skip the hermits and increase the nassarius. They do just a good a job with detritus and uneaten foods. The lettuce nudi's will take care of any larger algae issues. I would also replace the pepps with cleaners. Much less risk since you have zoanthuds.

Cheers
Steve

I'm with steve on this one.. One can never have too many nassarius snails. They act and look like little hoover vacs. LOL.

Build Your Own.. With this you spend 60.00 and its free shipping..

I would also replace the pepps with cleaners. Much less risk since you have zoanthuds.
Pepps will eat my Zoos??? Noooooo.. I already placed the order :( I didnt know that pepps eat zoos.. :( I got a few of the hermits just because I was trying to use up all 60.00 to get free shipping.. I would have gotten cleaners but at that site its all pretty much Caribean stuff and the only sort of cleaner they have is The CBS.... I thought about getting one of them but the little thing I read about them "can destroy corals and anemones by nipping them open to feed on ingested food" I didnt likt that Idea or even saying.. I dont wat to come home and Find my plate or bubble all torn up because of the CBS.. It was all basically free except I had to spend 13.95 to make it up past the 60.00 mark.. I kinda like watching the hermits yank each other out of the shells and stealing them as well as running around without a shell trying to steal another one LOl.. there is plenty of shells in the tank but they want one that is already taken LOL..

James

cj10488 said:
Pepps will eat my Zoos??? Noooooo.. I already placed the order :( I didnt know that pepps eat zoos..
They have the potential to eat them depending on the species of zoo. I have lost a few to pepps in the past. They will also attack dusters and stick polyp. I would also not trust them around clams.

they have is The CBS.... I thought about getting one of them but the little thing I read about them "can destroy corals and anemones by nipping them open to feed on ingested food" I didnt likt that Idea or even saying.. I dont wat to come home and Find my plate or bubble all torn up because of the CBS..
I have heard others caution the same but it has never been my experience. They are however a risk with smaller fish. The one in my 27 has not touched the branching LPS, zoo's, xenia or shrooms. I have had it well over a year.

Cheers
Steve

cj10488 wrote:
Pepps will eat my Zoos??? Noooooo.. I already placed the order I didnt know that pepps eat zoos..

They have the potential to eat them depending on the species of zoo. I have lost a few to pepps in the past. They will also attack dusters and stick polyp. I would also not trust them around clams.

Well with that said anyone in Oregon want an Awesome deal on some peppermint shrimps??? I can do an awesome deal.. Lets say 6.00 for both?? They should be here Tuesday if they arrive ok..

James

the mexi turbo's do a great job on algae around the tank this is for sure and dont bother any thing in my tank, just avoids the colony

Back
Top Bottom