Cleaned out some hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Cleaned out my tank I know ill probably get some hate for letting it get this bad but meh I try my best its an on going battle it's all gone almost just got the rocks to go can't do a water change till the 6th because the LFS is shut

image-571821333.jpg

image-2071404936.jpg

image-141074193.jpg

The first line of action is to manually remove as much as you can. Then try cutting off the fuel source. Remember it didn't start overnight and it wont go away over night.

Yea I'm trying to reduce feeding I feed every other Day and only once I am trying to do more frequent water changes but had to with no store open :/

can you grab ocean water in Australia? I mean some of the coral in my Canadian tank are from your neck of the woods…lol

I'd grab those big rocks out and scrub off the algea too, If you leave those big algae covered rocks they're just gonna spread it.

I don't have any spare salt water to rinse them in Idont want a mini cycle in my tank haha I'm gonna buy some turbo snails today to try keep some of the algaes in my tank away

Yea I know I don't but I want a few more to help with any food floating around and stuff I need some more flow I got a couple of dead spots under my rock work

Your light schedule might be an issue too. Cut back on the hours your lights are on. That would help quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom