Cleaner Crew Package online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctmedman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Where do you recommend I purchase a cleaner crew for my 72gal FOWLR?

Do I quarantine the cleaner crew before adding them to the tank?

Do cleaner crews go in before fish or after?

The tank is fully cycled with algae and all. There are currently only two damsels in there to keep the tank going but they will eventually be removed.

I only do FW, so you might want to wait for some of the veteran salties to chime in, but I think GARF has some good ones. I know one of our sponsors does them as well ,though I can't remember which one.

You do not need to QT them before adding them to the tank.

They go in before the fish.

cleaners typically go in before your fish, after your cycle.

there is no need to quarantine them, however, they will need to be acclimated properly, as inverts are typically more sensitive to changes in salinity than fish are.

if you are looking for a cleaner package, check out www.liveaquaria.com or www.etropicals.com they both have cleaner packs that are pretty good. also, there are numerous other sites that have premade packages that are appropriately put together for specific tank sizes.

~mike

I am waiting for my Crew to be delivered today via UPS. Got mine on Ebay (seller is jean_pool).

Prices seems VERY good.

Here's my Crew for my 120:

200 blue legs- $ 40.00, 50 scarlets- $ 40.00, 4 emeralds- $ 10.00, 50 mexican turbo snails- $ 75.00, 25 nassarius snails- $ 15.00, shipping- $ 55.00, total- $ 235.00

Mike

Your Ebay Order

Hey. Thanks for the post. Can you let me know how your cleaner package works out? I'm looking around now for mine.

Well, it's been a day since I got the 'Crew. Did the drip acclimation and then threw the bunch in the tank. I guess I was expecting too much, because I'm a bit disappointed at how small the hermits are. They're maybe 1/2" tops (the shell) . When these things start to grow, I guess I have to throw in some bigger shells.

But they're moving around the LR and sand.

I can't believe those small little things will put a dent in my hair algea, but who knows? Guess time will tell. The seller still has to shiop me the Mexican Turbos. They keep coming in dead from Mexico becuase of the heat. I do believe these are bigger than the other snails.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom