Cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tncoe18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my fish keep dying on me, I decided to keep an all coral tank from now on. Question:
Is there anything: cleaner shrimp, arrow crab, hermit crab that would help clean my coral tank? I noticed some nasty lil worms hanging around my coral, is that bad?

Thanks

PS: The worms are partly red, hairy, about an inch long and 1/8 inch wide. Are they any harmful to my coral?
Well, my fish died because I did not feed them properly: Sometimes I feed them too much which cause too much waste in the water, sometimes I feed them too little and they die of hunger.
Water quality wise, I check it regularly, either do it at home or Petsmart. Either way, it is rather stable.

One question: Do we have to feed hermits?

Some hermits and snails are the usual choices for clean up. Can you describe the worms? Adding shrimp or crabs to the tank will mean you will need to feed the them as they are usually not strict herbavores. Although an arrow crab may help clean up the worms you are seeing.

My only concern is that if all your fish are dying it`s for a reason. That same reason will affect your corals unless it`s a parasite problem. But if it`s a water quality issue then it will pass on to the corals. Have you done any water test results lately.

I agree we need to figure out why the fish are dying before you add anything else. A little description and history on your tank would help. Water readings too.

Back
Top Bottom