Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via AIM to tncoe18
Smile Cleaner shrimp

So my fish keep dying on me, I decided to keep an all coral tank from now on. Question:
Is there anything: cleaner shrimp, arrow crab, hermit crab that would help clean my coral tank? I noticed some nasty lil worms hanging around my coral, is that bad?

PS: The worms are partly red, hairy, about an inch long and 1/8 inch wide. Are they any harmful to my coral?
Well, my fish died because I did not feed them properly: Sometimes I feed them too much which cause too much waste in the water, sometimes I feed them too little and they die of hunger.
Water quality wise, I check it regularly, either do it at home or Petsmart. Either way, it is rather stable.

One question: Do we have to feed hermits?

tncoe18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Some hermits and snails are the usual choices for clean up. Can you describe the worms? Adding shrimp or crabs to the tank will mean you will need to feed the them as they are usually not strict herbavores. Although an arrow crab may help clean up the worms you are seeing.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
My only concern is that if all your fish are dying it`s for a reason. That same reason will affect your corals unless it`s a parasite problem. But if it`s a water quality issue then it will pass on to the corals. Have you done any water test results lately.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I agree we need to figure out why the fish are dying before you add anything else. A little description and history on your tank would help. Water readings too.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com