Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible for a large cleaner shrimp to attack a small 3 spot damsel and kill it??

Sorry if repost.

Thanks

I agree as well. My damsels always bit the shrimp's antennas off! Now the shrimp may have helped dispose of the body.

Why do you suspect your cleaner shrimp? If you saw the srimp eating the fish it was likely doing its job...cleaning up after the fish was already dead.

well I bought two damsel's in 3 days ago and they both died. but my yellow tang and saddleback are fine. I might have not acclimated long enough?

I dripped acclimated for only 30 mins.

30 mins is a decent drip, depending on the difference between your tank and the LFS.
What are your water parameters?

Ok, what sized tank and what else do you have in there?

60 gallon tank
1 saddleback clown
1 yellow tang
2 yellowtail damsel
1 cleaner shrimp
2 turbo snails
70 pounds of live rock
bak pak skimmer
marineland filter

im begining to think that it was sick already frm the LFS. its a mystery death.

hey guys today i tested my water again and this time everything was good but PH was at 7.8. then my saddleback clown died. will everything go back to normal if i get it back to 8.2? now i only have 2 yellowtail damsel and yellow tang

i tested my water when the lights were off. is that what you meant? i tested this morning at 10am pacific time. my lights go on at about 330pm PT and goes off at 10pm PT

Back
Top Bottom