cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spoil mine, once a week I give them each a sinking pellet. They take it right out of my hand! :)

Every other day, I hand feed some frozen brine. You should see all those little arms working at once! :wink:

My cleaner is the undisputed king of my tank. He gets in tug 'o wars with my fish and crabs for food, and wins more often than not. :? And I finally saw my coral beauty being cleaned the other day. Very cool.

My cleaner is an aggressive feeder. When feeding my anemones pieces of shrimp or silversides, it will jump on my hand and take a piece for himself!

I've got a big blood shrimp. I hand feed it a small piece of frozen food about twice a week. Otherwise it just scavenges. It will occasionally steal a piece of food from the longnose hawk.

I have an 18" long pair of hemostats that I use for feeding corals, my pair of fire shrimp, and my sally lightfoot crab. Mine must be spoiled because I feed them a piece of krill or silverside every day:) They come right up to the hemostats and wait for me to release it into their little claws.....so cute to see!

Back
Top Bottom