Cleaner shrimp Pregnant? Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
so it looks like my cleaner shrimp is pregant :lol: :lol: :lol: . she has bright green eggs in her if i want them to hatch and become babys what do i need to do?

Nothing. If there are two shrimp in the tank, there's a good chance the eggs may become fertile. If only the one shrimp, they will not hatch out and the shrimp will most likely consume them.

Once the eggs move from behind the head area (after a molt), the eggs migrate to under the abdomen/tail area. From there it will be a short time before the eggs mature and hatch. More commonly trying to raise them at all is usually alot or work and little if any return. Best suggestion is leave the shrimp to do as it will and let the hatchlings feed the filter feeding/zooplankton animals in the tank.

Cheers
Steve

My cleaners are always full of eggs and I've tried raising a few batches. Failed each time. I agree with steve, they will become food for other animals in your tank.

yes like fluff said also i have tried raising them. No luck. But keep us updated, let us know how it goes

I have had and also currently have several carrying eggs now. I have never tried to do anything with them due to time restraints but planned to in the future. Now I know leaving them was a good choice. :)

Back
Top Bottom