cleaner shrimp scared ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I recently purchased a skunk cleaner shrimp about 4 days ago and he's been adapting to the tank.. the problem is he's staying on the far back corner on the side of my power head? He doesn't move from there? Even when I feed him.? The first 3 days he was moving around now he stays there and hides when I get close I really wish he would explore more): why is he behaving like this and will he ever move around.?

I dnt have 1 but plan to get 1 in my future tank, but i heard a lot of shrimp do this and then after a while come out but u could try moving it by hand and see if it goes back

I hope so/: I moved it twice with my hand and it waits for like 30 sec. Then it goes back/: at night it sleeps in the middle of the tank under a rock?

Lol I put my hand in the tank at night right now and it jumped out and started cleaning my hand and everything it felt really weird it was awesome lol!

They do it to divers too, tickles, especially when there are many of them. They seem to think we need a good cleaning. Your giant hand must be a smorgasbord from their view point. ;-)

Lol I think its kewl and kinda funny at the same time how he rushed twords my hand lol

cleaner shrimp

i have had hit and miss with this species.either they hide all day long and come out after lights out or i have had them where they are front and center most of the day.no idea as to why.

I read on this site that they are more social in groups, so I bought two more. Now my "hider" is out all the time with his friends.

That sounds right I was going to introduce atleast one more hopefully they become social lol

I read the same thing... groups of 2-3 make them less shy.

I had a shy one until today. I rescaped while doing the pwc and I let the shrimp clean my hand - he did for about 15 seconds, gave me a high five and now were cool. He has been out and about ever since.

I bought another cleaner today almost 3 times smaller than the original cleaner and he seams to be getting out more.. plus I rearanged the rocks:)

Back
Top Bottom